From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the NI6551 Instrument in Multisim

I would like to use the Digital Waveform Generator. I have Student Version 11.0. I followed the below instructions.

1. Close NI Multisim if open.
  2. Open the attached 5926_waveform_gen.zip file.
  3. Select My Computer.
  4. Browse to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 10.1\lvinstruments.
  5. Save the NI655XGenerator.llb file from the zip file to this folder.

I don't have the same toolbar listed in this doc..

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5926#toc1

Is this because I have the student versions of Multisim and Labview or am I just being obtuse?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,478 Views)

Hi montech,

You should be able to use LabVIEW instruments in the student edition of Multisim. The file has to be saved to the following path C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 11.0\lvinstruments.

In version 11.0, the instrument toolbar is on the right side of the window.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
Message 2 of 7
(3,454 Views)

I did save it like this:

CAP038.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,450 Views)

CAP039.jpgAnd It just isnt here! I appreciate any help. I just dont understand whats wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,448 Views)

Hi,

If you click on the LabVIEW symbol on the toolbar in the right, you will see the LabVIEW instruments. Take a look at attached screen shot.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,444 Views)

As I said the instrument isnt there.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,402 Views)

I am also having the same issue. I'm trying to do this tutorial in MultiSim 14.1. I've saved the file to the proper location, and it is not showing up in the Labview instrument menu. I'm not sure where to go from here. I need to generate a pulse to test my circuit.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,587 Views)