Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MCU 8051 in Multisim 14.2 - linker error

The compiler may still require the const access modifier, in that case the declarations should be like these:

rom const int i_arr[4][4] = {{0,1,1,1},{1,0,1,1},{1,1,0,1},{1,1,1,0}};

rom const char c_arr[4][4] = {{'7','4','1','o'},{'8','5','2','0'},{'9','6','3','='},{'+','-','*','/'}};

rom const char error[10]={'M','A','T','H',' ','E','R','R','O','R'};

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(640 Views)

Still comes back with:

Multisim - 21 April 2021, 09:53:22
-------------------------Building: Project: Calculator--------------------------
Note: -E compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Note: -O compiler option was not present. This option has been added to the compiler build command temporarily.
Error: C:\Users\Dad Laptop\Documents\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 14.2\MCU Workspaces\Calculator\Calculator\Calculator8052.c : 22 undefined identifier "rom"

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(638 Views)

Can you post the error message(s) when I suggested using const and code declaration modifiers (refer to one of my previous replies)? If the error(s) involve i_arr only, you can try using const or/and code declaration modifiers in c_arr and error only:

const char c_arr[4][4] = {{'7','4','1','o'},{'8','5','2','0'},{'9','6','3','='},{'+','-','*','/'}};

const char error[10]={'M','A','T','H',' ','E','R','R','O','R'};

or

code char c_arr[4][4] = {{'7','4','1','o'},{'8','5','2','0'},{'9','6','3','='},{'+','-','*','/'}};

code char error[10]={'M','A','T','H',' ','E','R','R','O','R'};

or

code const char c_arr[4][4] = {{'7','4','1','o'},{'8','5','2','0'},{'9','6','3','='},{'+','-','*','/'}};

code const char error[10]={'M','A','T','H',' ','E','R','R','O','R'};

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(626 Views)

Hi

I've tried all the variations and it seems to still give the two linker errors.

See the results below:

const char c_arr[4][4] = {{'7','4','1','o'},{'8','5','2','0'},{'9','6','3','='},{'+','-','*','/'}};

Compiler results: 0 - Errors, 0 - Warnings
Linking...
Error: : 0 psect "rbss" exceeds address limit: 08Ch > 080h
Error: : 0 psect "rdata" exceeds address limit: 08Ch > 080h
Linker results: 2 - Errors, 0 - Warnings

code char c_arr[4][4] = {{'7','4','1','o'},{'8','5','2','0'},{'9','6','3','='},{'+','-','*','/'}};

National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 14.2\MCU Workspaces\Calculator\Calculator\Calculator8052.c : 28 auto variable "error" should not be qualified
Compiler results: 0 - Errors, 1 - Warnings
Linking...

code const char c_arr[4][4] = {{'7','4','1','o'},{'8','5','2','0'},{'9','6','3','='},{'+','-','*','/'}};

National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 14.2\MCU Workspaces\Calculator\Calculator\Calculator8052.c : 28 auto variable "error" should not be qualified
Compiler results: 0 - Errors, 1 - Warnings
Linking...

Message 14 of 15
(620 Views)

The error messages are important, the modifications that we try are based on these messages. The code and/or const declaration modifiers may give us hope to successfully build this code. Try relocating the declarations of c_arr and error between #include <htc.h> and function declarations. Again, try the three variants I mentioned in my previous reply:

#include <htc.h>

/******Function declaration******/

or

#include <htc.h>

or

#include <htc.h>

You don't have to delete the original declarations inside main(), simply comment them out:

void main()
{

/* char c_arr[4][4] = {{'7','4','1','o'},{'8','5','2','0'},{'9','6','3','='},{'+','-','*','/'}}, error[10]={'M','A','T','H',' ','E','R','R','O','R'}; */

}

Post any changes in error messages, if they are too long you can opt to attach them as file instead of inline text.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(597 Views)