Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import/export to database

I have a client that just went through a computer failure and bought a whole new system upgraded to the max with memory, drivespace, windows 10 (he had win7 prior) anyway, he reinstalled Multisim/Ultiboard 14.1 using his license for the circuit design suite pro which is exactly the same as me. We bought 14.1 upgrades within a week of each other. He asked me to send him an archive of the database so he could import all the custom parts I've created and when he opens his database manager both the Import and Export buttons are grayed out. Why would that be? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,471 Views)

Hi,

For starters, do you have screenshots of what your client sees? Also, can he share with us a picture of how the license appears in the NI License Manager? Specifically, under local licenses (make sure to grey out any important information).

If you try to import the same file, do you get the same greyed-out options?

-Enhernan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,448 Views)

Screen shot attached. 

Will have to get back about the license manager. I work remotely so don’t have access to it myself. As you can see from the screen shot there is no option to import -anything-.

If I try the same thing there is no problem. We have done this before and it’s worked. This happened last Dec when we tried this and I found that the upgrade from 14.0 to 14.1 made everything incompatible. Including BOM reports, libraries, etc. I don’t get how a minor update can render the two versions incompatible. Took forever to figure out he didn’t do the upgrade to 14.1 back then. But he installed fresh this time to 14.1. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,443 Views)

HI,

I found this Knowledge Base article and it says that if you are using Multisim Full you won't be able to use the export/import tool. I know you said that your client installed power pro, but can you double check? 

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P6VLSA0&l=en-US

Now, this situation doesn't mean that you can't import custom components. You can do it but you need to follow other set of steps that are highlighted on the link. I hope this works for you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,438 Views)

I assumed he had no choice but to install the Power Pro edition because that is what his license file is setup for. I didn't think you would be able to install the Base or Full edition because the license is for Power Pro. But I'll check with him to verify. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,436 Views)

I understand. Let me know what comes up. Also, try to import using the other method described to see if there is an issue with the software. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,426 Views)