Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to communicate with the license server on "pbas11"

I am having trouble getting my workstations to communicate with the license server.

Licensing Attempt 1:
Unable to communicate with the license server on "pbas11". After verifying the server is running, restart this application. (NILM10)

I have verified that the license server service is up and running. I restarted the service without success.  I restarted the server.  I recreated a network install from the license server and reinstalled the application.  Nothing seems to be working.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Andy Bussiere
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,695 Views)

Try checking the port numbers. On the VLM and in the local client NI License Manager. I've seen this happening when the port numbers do not match, and also, when the same port number is used by another application, so you can also try changing the port number in case another server is using that one.

The other possible thing could be a firewall maybe. If you do have a firewall, give an exception to the NI VLM and NI License Manager.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,693 Views)

Hi Nestor,

I did try that.  On my volume license manager, it's set to 27000, I went to my local license manager and tried to change it to PBAS11:27000 and it still didn't work.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,689 Views)

Are the server and client on different domains?...

Check this KB, it explains the different cases in which the client is not able to communicat to the server:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3AAF37CD7B89A2CD86257070005A075A

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,685 Views)
They are both in the same domain named FT.  PBAS11 is a Windows 2003 Server in the FT domain and the workstation is a XP machine in the FT domain.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,683 Views)
Andy, are you using VLM 2.0 ? Older versions were not supported on Windows Server 2003. Is this problem happening only on that client computer or with all computers?
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,681 Views)
I am using VLM 2.0 and it is happening on all client machines that I install Multisim on. 
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,681 Views)

Andy, please check the steps in the following KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/B70DB29FE042680D86256F5000574D00?OpenDocument

I'm particularly interested in the telnet test, but try all the suggestions and if you cannot get it to work, follow the instructions on how to prepare log files and screenshots so you can send those to ewbsupport@ni.com and escalate the issue.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,676 Views)