Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultiboard environment corrupted?

My main level menu bar has been corrupted.  It now only shows the 'File' option.  I can't figure out how to get the other selections back.  At the same time all my tool bar setups and window positionings also disappeared.

What's the deal?

Is there a way to back up my configuration so I can restore it when this happens?

I think I had this happen once a few years ago, but I can't find the solution of how to fix it any more.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,760 Views)

I found this, which is probably the only solution:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2719D00E36A4D53A8625721300685B3F

Unfortunately the global preferences selection where I can find this path is part of what is lost.

But wait!  I found it in the default path.  Changing the name and restarting UB brought the menus back.

From now on I'll add those files to my backup schedule.  Does anyone know if those files can be copied from a backup to restore my config when this happens?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,757 Views)

Hello,

Yes, you should back up the user configuration files from time to time, it's a good practice. There is one configuration file for Multisim and one for Ultiboard. The path to these files can be found (in Multisim and Ultiboard) in the Options menu, Global Preferences, Paths tab, Configuration file.

If you change your computer you can also use the configuration files from your previous computer to apply to same configuration to Multisim and Ultiboard.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,741 Views)