Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultiboard design rules problem net to close

Hi all
Im new here. I have problem with my footprint. I added to my design curcuit but I have DRC error "Net to close", but all the measurments are ok . I used manufacturer details to design footprint.

Can you please help me how to resolve this problem..
I attached my file to make you easier to understand

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,633 Views)

Hi Bestb,

Thanks for posting your question. From what I can see, you had a couple of Clearance Errors. To view them better, go to View->Clearances. You'll see blue circles around those pins. If the circles touch each other you'll receive the clearance errors. What you can do is to reset the positions of the pins so that they are not too close to each other. I did it for you and hopefully that clarifies your confusion.

Regards,

Derek Z.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,629 Views)

Hi Derek

Thanks for solution but Im not able to open this file im using version 10

At the end I need to get 2 layer pcb now I have problem because Ultiboard  dont make routes to connector..

Can you help me to figure out?

Have look at attached file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,626 Views)

Hi Bestb,

Just a quick addition to my first post. There's another alternative to pass the DRC check, that is to change the clearance settings. Go to Edit->Properties->Design Rules->Clearance settings. Decrease the corresponding number to lower the auto error-checking sensitivity. However in the minimum threshold is 0.001mm for the traces so this approach won't make a difference in your case. So please follow my first suggestion or have a look at the new attachment I posted. The version has been changed to 10.0 which you should have no problem opening.

For you last question, the connector was not routed correctly becasue of the following two reasons: 1). all the components were placed in the right-bottom corner, therefore there was not enough space for the connector to be routed. 2). you have to consider the width of the trace when routing. Go to Autoroute-> Autoroute/Routing options. Checkmark "Auto Adjust Trace Width" and click OK. Then run the autorouting. You should be able to see all the connections are routed. Please see attached the file of such.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Have a good day! 

Derek Z.
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,612 Views)

Derek you are star !

Thanks for help 

I notice that I can change the values in spreadsheet view ...

Regards

Pete

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,599 Views)

haha, you are welcomeSmiley Wink

Derek Z.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,597 Views)

Derek 

I have another question can you please have look at my project... and dont know why but I cannot some connections 

I select 2 layer pcb, vias setting etc.. 

Here is the project.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,539 Views)

Hi Bestb,

Can you give more details about your question? Did you mean you used autorouting but some of the nets were not connected?

Regards.

Derek Z.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,537 Views)

Yes exaclty.. It look that ultiboard doing the 2 layers but dont connect all components.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,535 Views)

Derek here is the multisim circuit that I transfered to ultiboard.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,529 Views)