From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultiboard Database Manager- Part not visible in preview window

Recently, I have not been able to view a part in the preview window of the database manager in Ultiboard. This just started happeing so I must have accidentally changed a setup somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I've tried turning all the layers on prior to going into the DBM, but it has no effect. In some instances, just the pads show, and nothing else. This applies to all the libraries available- Master, Corp, and User. I'm running Version 13. This just applies to the preview window in the DBM, the part will place and display just fine.

Please help!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(8,226 Views)

Hi there,

Can you see the preview for this part in Ultiboard? You can find it in the Master Database>>Surface Mount Technology Parts>>Capacitors>>Aluminum Electrolytic.

preview.png

Attach a screenshot with a part from the Master DB that has this issue. Are you using Ultiboard Base, Full, Power Pro? You can find this info in the Help menu, About Ultiboard. What's your operating system? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Go to Options>>Global options>>Paths. In the User settings section locate the full path to your configuration file (standard_ub_pro.ewcfg). Locate this file and attach it here.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(8,200 Views)

I'm having a similar problem with Ultiboard 14. I cannot see the pads in the database preview. I can place a part blindly and it will show up on the drawing. I have tried a force install but it did not work. 12 an 13 are working fine on my PC.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,575 Views)

Hi there, 

If you go to Options>> Global Options>>Path>>Database files in Ultiboar 14 and compare those paths with the ones inUltiboard 12 and 13, Are they similar?

The path should go like ...\Circuite Design suite\14.0\database\...

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,560 Views)

yes, they are the same except for the version number.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,557 Views)

Hi Jampitt

This is a very strange behavior. My guess is that something in the master data base is corrupted. This is what we are going to do: We are going to uninstall Ultiboard 14.0. but before that, save the path were the master data base is. After uninstall it, verify that everything is gone and check that path to see if there is something. If you find something regarding Ultiboard 14.0 please erase it.

Please go to our web page and download again Ultiboard 14.0, by the way what kind of Ultiboard do you have?

After downloading it, we are going to install it and then we are going to check if we have the same behavior

Please let me know who it goes

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,525 Views)

Uninstalled the version of 14 I have on disc

Downloaded and installed 14 from NI website.

Nothing has changed.

I cannot see the pads of the footprints in the database. I can see the dimensions but cannot see the pads.

I cannot see the pads of the footprints of parts I am building in the part wizard.

I can blindly select a part from the database and place it on a layout and the pads are visible on the layout.

None of the paths have changed.

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,522 Views)

Hello Jampitt

I was thinking another possibility just to isolate the issue. Have you tried to install the same version in another computer just to double check that. It can be a conflict issue with the files that we have in the database.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,482 Views)

I have downloaded and installed a new database that Rafael at NI support provided to me.

The problem is solved! I can now see the pads, dimensions, and outlines in the preview windows of the database and the part wizard.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,478 Views)

I am also now having this problem.

No preview for parts in master, corporate or user database manager preview pane.

When I open a part to edit I see the layers are all turned off and everything thing in edit is OK after I turn them on.  I think this must be related to the problem.

After turning copper top and bottom on in edit I still subsequently have the preview problem, and the layers are off again when I open a new edit.

I was able to see a plain hole that was part of one footprint, but no other layers.

Why would replacing the master database also fix the corporate and user databases?  Must be because it changes the setting of what layers are visible.  Too bad there is no way to do that directly in the preview pane, or anywhere else I have found.

Does this give a clue how to figure this out?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,001 Views)