Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNCONNECTED PINS ERROR

I am using MS9 and when i run the electrical rules check i get lots of unconnected pins errors/warnings.
I have checked the netlist for these pins and it seems that they are connected to the correct net as i had wanted.
this problem is making it very hard to find real connection errors.

is this a common problem or bug?

thanks in advance for any help...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,396 Views)
I have added a file to demonstrate the problem...
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,387 Views)

If you look at U47 pin 3 for example, you have a wire connecting to the chip but that wire is just hanging there, node 3 does not connect to anything else in your schematic so this pin is not connected.

You can see from my example that I added another component and created a virtual node 3 connection and the DRC error circuit is gone for this pin.

Tien

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,368 Views)
Hello Tien, thanks for your reply.

The nets i've shown in the example are normally connected to other components, on other pages of my design (via off-page connectors), the example i posted was just a cut and paste of one component to show the ERC warning.
My design has 8 pages, with some nets going between 2 or 3 of these pages. I am also having problems with a reset line that unfortunately goes to about 5 pages.

But your comment has made me think of something, when i add an off-page connector to one of these nets (U47 pin3 for example) the ERC warning disappears for that pin. It means that this net now has an off-page connector on both ends of the net (on both pages).

Do i need off-page connectors on both ends of a net travelling between two pages?
I thought one end would be sufficient because the net name is matched up successfully when using an off-page connector on only one side of the net.

Thanks again...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,363 Views)