From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UJT model works in SPICE but not Multisim

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to use a UJT in a simulation. I've found several SPICE models and have used the one I attached in other SPICE software and it works fine. I can't get this one to work with the "standard" UJT oscillator. Can some kind soul please explain to me where I made a mistake. I'm sure it's simple, but I can't see it.

David 

David M. Ingebretsen, M.S., M.E.
Collision Forensics & Engineering, Inc.

dingebre@CFandE.com
www.CFandE.com
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,791 Views)

Hi David,

I believe you have an incorrect symbol-model mapping. The .subckt ports 1,2,3 have logical meanings E, B1, B2, respectively (according to the text file). You must edit your model in the database in order to correct this. I am attaching the fixed model anyway.

Thanks,

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,786 Views)

Thank you. I was sure it was something simple.

David

dingebre@CFandE.com
www.CFandE.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,777 Views)
I'm sorry to be slow, but I don't see what you changed. Could you give me a little more detail, please?

dingebre@CFandE.com
www.CFandE.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,775 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dingebre

1. Open Component Properties

2. In the Value tab, press "Edit Component in DB" (you may need to save if it is not in your User/Coporate database)

2. Note the mapping in the model tab (the "Model Nodes" column lists the .subckt ports in the order than they appear in the .subckt statment. According to the comment in Motorola's text file, E should be mapped to the first model port, B1 to the second, and B3 to the third.

I should also mention that you ave an unused .subckt (X2N2646) in your model data. Motorola seems to be providing two independent .subckts representing two variations of the component.

Thanks

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,766 Views)

OK, I see what you mean. Thanks Max. It all works now.

David

dingebre@CFandE.com
www.CFandE.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,740 Views)

facing the same problem! would you please explain this thing in detail, I am unable to understand your statement number 3. "note the maping in the model tab......."  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,625 Views)

Let's use this model:

* Motorola IP=.5U IV=6M VB1(sat)=3 Rbb=6.1K Vob1=3.6: E, B1, B2
.SUBCKT X2N2646 1 2 3
DE 1 4 EMITTER
VE 4 5 DC 0
HVE 6 0 VE 1K
RVE 0 6 1MEG
BBB 5 7 I=0.00028*V(5,7)+0.00575*V(5,7)*V(6)
CBB 5 7 35P
RB1 7 2 38.15 RMOD
RB2 3 5 2.518K RMOD
.MODEL RMOD R TC1=.01
.MODEL EMITTER D (IS=21.3P N=1.8)
.Ends

The original model in this post has two redundant .subckts, so it a source of confusion.

I suggest that you use the Component Wizard (under the Tools menu) to create a new UJT component using the above model (simply paste the above text into the model text box). 

See the attached screen capture of the mapping. 

Note that you need to map the symbol pins to the pins on the .subckt line. There is a comment above the .subckt line that (not so cleary) hints that pin 1 is E, pin 2 is B1 and pin 3 is B2. So that is how you need to match them up to the symbol pins.

Let me know if that helps you.

Max
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,620 Views)

Thanks Alot, It works fine!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,599 Views)

Hello,

I have to use in my circuit D5K2, 2N6114 Complementary unijunction transistor. But I don't have any model. Do you have model of these CUJTs or equivalent's? Can UJT transistor model transform to the CUJT model?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,692 Views)