From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UB multiple features needed for 3D view

Once thing that would be nice to have is the ability to change the 3D view color attributes.

Right now the board is always green, traces are always yellow, all the hole are never filled in. While the components are controllable, everything else isn't.

Also another thing is the fixed rotation point in space. It would be nice to be able to see the board from the outside looking in. And that would require a "hand" feature that could drag the entire view left, right, up and down as well as a spinning action. The fix point makes it almost impossible to look at any give corner of the board from an arial view.

Any idea about 3D textures? It would be awesome to see the parts rendered as a true texture wrapped piece. That will be difficult, but it has and is being done in apps like protel.......this isn't a huge deal, but would be a lot more competitive for NI against those suites.

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,391 Views)

I could be wrong (It happens occasionally) but I believe you can shift the board left, right, and up, down by using the SHIFT>Arrow keys. 

I an not sure if this is what you are refering to. If it isn't then I apologize for my misunderstanding.

This may fall under what your referring to as texture wrapped, but I would like to be able to see the component labels on top of the IC's and also I would like to see the silscreen pictures like logos to show as they would appear on the board instead of just a black box.

Message Edited by lacy on 11-29-2007 07:08 PM
Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,377 Views)
well learned something new, I looked just to be sure, but that isn't documented in the help file surprise surprise.

The shift key thing is what I was looking for. They do mention the mouse holding with the scroll wheel. Should have made the connection.......whoops...LOL

Thanks lacy

😉

Signature: Looking for a footprint, component, model? Might be here > http://ni.kittmaster.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,370 Views)
Hi Chris/Lacy:

I have added bug and feature requests for:

1. Allow control of colours in the 3D view
2. Ability to apply textures in the 3D view
3. Bitmaps should not drawn as black boxes in the 3D view

I wasn't sure what you mean by being able to see the board from the outside looking in. You can change the visibility to information (ex the board), to make it semi-transparent or invisible (selet the Layers tab in the Design Toolbox). You can also expand the layers (View > Internal Layers) to see what is inbetween. When using the internal layers, I often find it helpful to change the spacing between layers (Options > Global Preferences, then select the 3D Options tab). Perhaps this is what you are looking for?
Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,357 Views)
those are perfect, and answers my inside out question for multilayer!

If you had to guess, its seems we are really banging on the features tree, could you estimate a percentage of how many of these things may or may not make it to V11?

is there an estimated release date of the next rev?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,350 Views)
Hi Chris:

Unfortunately, as Nestor has indicated perviously, we cannot give any indication of future release dates or plans. As with any organization, we look at a number of factors in determining when and what features are added to any release. I know this is not the answer you would like to hear, (I am being intentionally vague Smiley Happy), but this is all I can say.
Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,338 Views)