Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Opening Project Files

Hi all,

I'm currently having trouble opening project files from Windows Explorer. Anytime I try to open a project file by double clicking it, it opens a blank design file in Multisim without any of the project data on the lefthand panel. Also, if I go to the folders where the individual design files of the project (be they MS or UB files) are being held, I can open those, but they don't include the project data. However, if I open MS, then open a project file from inside the program, it works fine.

While this isn't a big deal, as I can still get to the project file one way or another, does anyone know of a way to fix my problem between MS/UB and Windows Explorer?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,540 Views)

It could be a number of things, could you attach a couple of screenshots of the project open both ways.

Does it suddenly happen, or it was working fine before?

You can check the shortcut file to the project, the view configuration when you open the project, and the way you saved the project, the version of the project and the MS version that opens it, also if it is a project file or a compressed project file.

Also, can you tell us the steps to replicate it from a blank project?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,486 Views)