From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace A and B select the same waveform

Hi,

I am trying to read the phase shift in a series RC circuit.  I am using the 2-channel scope, I connect Channel A across the source, and Channel B across the resistor.  It all looks good, I see the two wave forms shifted by time. Now is where I have the problem...   On the scope, I right-click the Channel 1 trace  and "Select a Trace" and choose Channel A.  I then I right-click the Channel 2 trace  and "Select a Trace" and choose Channel B.  What happens is that the Channel trace 1 jumps off the first waveform and ALSO selects Channel B so that they are both selecting the same waveform and I cannot get them to separate.  No matter what I try, they both stay on the same waveform to I am unable to do  T2-T1.  I have attached a screenshot showing the issue.  

I verified this problem on both MultiSim 11 and 14.

Any ideas on what's going on?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,037 Views)

It is not possible to select the same waveform in RC circuit you have to define the 2 channel scope first in order to trace the lines in correspondence.

Message 2 of 2
(1,864 Views)