Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This circuit has no power sources: unable to determine the simulation timestep automatically.

Hi,

I really need you help. I've bought a book with a Multisim 10.1 Student Edition.

When I want to simulate something, I receive the following error message:

"This circuit has no power sources: unable to determine the simulation timestep automatically.
Please add a power source or set the simulation timestep under "Interactive Simulation Settings" to proceed."

I am using Windows XP.

Some time before I downloaded Evaluation Version from NI website and had the same problem.

Thank you for your help.

Best,

Anis

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 43
(2,754 Views)

Hey guys, Lacy and Devon_H,
I was facing the same problem each time I tried running my circuit. And every time I get this error : "This circuit has no power sources: unable to determine the simulation timestep automatically."
So I need to know if you fixed up thiss issue or if I need to reinstall the program.
note I've tried my circuit on my freind's Pc and it seems to functoin normally
I'll attach the circuit and the error msg

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 43
(2,182 Views)

Hi,

Can you post your circuit so we can try to figure out what is causing the issue.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 43
(2,173 Views)

hey,
I've attached the cicuit and named it error
btw just whant to mension it again that i tried my circuit on my freinds PC  and it worked fine.
Also i tried to uninstall the program from the control panel but it remained, so i tried to erase it from its file locarion but some folders remained there and know i cant even reinstall it :s

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 43
(2,165 Views)

Hi,

I do not see the attachments. Can you please try to attach the Multisim file again.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 43
(2,156 Views)

Hey this is the circuit along with the Error msg

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 43
(2,154 Views)

this is my circuit, i have to find the equvalent resistane of the circuit , i am using multislim 11.0. Help me finding equvalent resistane. i am having same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 43
(1,957 Views)

Hi, this is my circuit that it has to be connected to a DC power supply of 15 V from a and 0 and I'm trying to run it but it shows the same message about no power source. Using NI Elvis II, the power supply is supposed to come from the template. Help me please guys!

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 43
(1,299 Views)

Hi,

Which version of Multisim are you using? When I call an NI ELVIS II template I get different connectors and your circuit simulates fine.

Regards!

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 43
(1,280 Views)

faisal666_0-1687280539626.png

this is my circuit

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 43
(559 Views)