Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The spice model of LM3914

I need the LM3914  for simulation , but i cant find one in multisim, so
how do I create an IC LM3914 component in multisim?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(16,378 Views)

Hello,

When a component is not available in the Multisim Database, you can try to find a SPICE model for the component and then use the Component Wizard (Tools menu) to create a custom component. Click here to learn more about component creation. SPICE models can be found in the manufacturer's website.

I did a quick search but could not find a model for the LM3914.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(16,366 Views)

That is excatly the reason why I asked for the SPICE model, in such a case what could be the best alternative / solution  ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(16,361 Views)

An alternative solution could be the creation of the internal schematic that describes the component, and based on this, create a SPICE macro model.

Here are two tutorials about this procedure:

Building a SPICE Macro Model from Multisim Schematic (basic component, diode)

SPICE Macro Model Creation Using Equivalent Circuit  (IC)

Hope this helps.

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(16,357 Views)

This is the block diagram of the IC LM3914 (from Texas Instruments)
block diagram.png

Can I get any help on what comparators and buffer should be used (along with model number) ?
Along with how the connections should be made at pin  7 & 8 (what is reference voltage source) and at pin 9 (what is mode select amplifier) ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(16,286 Views)

There is a Spice model (made for ngspice, but probably o.k. here) available at https://forum.kicad.info/t/simulation-examples-for-kicad-eeschema-ngspice/34443/4 (You need to scroll down a bit and download the 7z file.).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,155 Views)

Thanks HolVo for recommend LM3914 spice model source. However spice model in that link is not fully compatible with multisim because the model is design to use in ngspice. so   

here 's the Model that I already edit to fully compatible with Multisim (I use MS14..1) 

enjoy!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(592 Views)