From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The following file(s) could not be opened because the file format is not recognized, the file is not valid or the file does not exist.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all.

I have a problem with opening file (.ms14). I have academic version of NI Multisim 14.2.

Lukasz988_0-1620463425164.png

Yesterday I worked on this project for over 10 hours and everything was fine. This is a simple digital watch design. This is my final project for studies. 

Lukasz988_1-1620463742481.png

Thank you in advance for your response.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,190 Views)

Hi,

Could you please share the project? I'll try to open it on my side and see if the error occurs or not.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,106 Views)

Yes of course. Here you are.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,102 Views)

Hi,

Are you trying to open the project on another PC?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,100 Views)

Yes, I have tried to open it on a few other PC and the problem still exists. I tried also reinstal NI Multisim.
Perhaps the reason was saving the file in the Onedrive cloud and possible interruption in the internet connection while working on the project.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukasz988

Take a look at the article.

This issue could be caused by one of the followed points:

• Whether the MS14 file is damaged.
  • Whether the MS14 file is incorrectly linked in the registry entries.
  • Whether the MS14 file extension has been accidentally removed from the Windows registry.
  • Whether the installation of an application that supports the MS14 file format is incompletely.
  • Whether the MS14 file is infected.
  • Whether the drivers of the equipment used for opening a MS14 file are up to date.
  • Whether your computer has enough hardware resources to open a MS14 file.

As I am facing the same issue on my side I think that the file is damaged and the solution would be creating a new one (((

I would suggest saving it on the PC but not in cloud services to avoid such kinds of issues.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,091 Views)

Thank you very much for your help in solving the problem and for your time.

Have a nice day too! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,087 Views)