Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly can not select silkscreen RefDes to select or move?

I have Ultiboard 11 and have used it for years, but suddenly today, while I was working on a project, the silkscreen top and bottom for any part's "REFDES" (i.e. R100, C58) can no longer be selected to be moved, flipped, etc.

I have tried selecting by clicking on it, by using the mouse to select multiple items, but no matter what I do, I can not select/move the silkscreen of either top or bottom for the part REFDES.

I have tried moving it while selecting "edit-in-place" but even that doesn't work.

It affects both the top AND the bottom silkscreen layers. I can select/move any silkscreen objects I draw though, so it only seems to affect the part's REFDES.

I tried restarting my system, closing, opening, and this problem now affects ALL projects, so it's happening to all of my projects, NOT just this one project where this started.

I attached a video to show this. You can see that the silk screen layer is on and selected but I can't select the REFDES of a couple of parts to move them.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,101 Views)

I found the solution, the little funnel-shaped icons for enabling had somehow vanished from my toolbar, but there is a button titled "enable selecting attributes" which was turned off.

This brings me to my next question. I noticed that some of these bizarre changes. Usually, they are like the one above, without me selecting these random options as well as some other classic symptoms (that start to appear after 12 to 48 hours) that in all honesty resemble that of a memory leak. Is that possible? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,085 Views)