From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step up converter MC34063A

Good day to all! Please help to simulate the boost converter.

I have created the attached boost converter circuit in multisim 12 as per the ON datasheet for MC34063A on Multisim 14.0 according to it's datasheet. I found all the components on Multisim but i still do not get required output. Could someone please take a look at the simulation model and let me know the problem.

I have attached a circuit of the circuit where the regulator is used as a step-up converter, input voltage of 12V must be converted to 28V ( according to the datasheet), but I get a 11.908V output instead.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,397 Views)

Hello Polosatik

I ran your file and got this errors. 

it appears that there is an issue with the spice model.

I------ Checking SPICE netlist for Upconveter - Thursday, January 05, 2017, 10:55:04 AM ------
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u4', element 'b3': Ternary '?' with unmatched ':'
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u4', element 'b3': Unable to interpret '(v(6,90)>3)?v(diff,90)>1' in expression
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u4', element 'b1': Ternary '?' with unmatched ':'
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u4', element 'b1': Unable to interpret '(v(6,90)>3)?(v(diff,90)>-1)' in expression
======= SPICE Netlist check completed, 4 error(s), 0 warning(s) ======= 

I replaced the component with MC34063ADG and I got the 28V

Regards.

Diego H

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,353 Views)

Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,348 Views)

Polosatik hi ..
your scheme will work if you replace the model. I slightly modified model 34063.

Message 4 of 5
(5,336 Views)

What's wrong with the mc34063 in multisim? Why did you change it? Is the one that is modify available in the market? thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,472 Views)