From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spice help for Multisim 9.0

Hi,

I'm new to writing/understanding spice codes and using Multisim. I would like another set of eyes to look at my spice models and footprint mapping in my circuit in Multisim to make sure they are ok. The models in question are: LT1017CN8(comparator opamp by Linear technologies), BFR194(PNP transistor by Infineon) and BF517 (NPN transistor by Infineon) Please see attached circuit. For the LT1017CN8 and BF517, the  manufacturer's has spice models have syntax errors, so I tried to fix it in LT1017.txt and BF517.txt files used for Multisim. In the case of the transistors and the opamp, I'm concerned I didn't get the footprints in the correct order (emitter, base collector). All the relevant spice files and circuits are attached.

Thank you soo much for your help.

Jack Jackson

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,898 Views)

The model mapping for the BF517 is incorrect: it should be 1-Collector, 2- Base, 3- Emitter.

These components are already in the Multisim 9.0 database; depending on your distribution, you may have access to them.  You might want to check first before investing work in creating new components.

Natasha Baker
R&D Engineer
National Instruments

Join the NI Circuit Design Community
Follow Multisim on Twitter!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,880 Views)

Your BFR194 model mapping is also incorrect.

When a model consists simply of a .model statement, as it does in this case, the SPICE convention is 1- Collector, 2- Base, 3- Emitter.

(Also as an FYI, for MOSFETs it is 1-Drain, 2-Gate, 3-Source)

Natasha Baker
R&D Engineer
National Instruments

Join the NI Circuit Design Community
Follow Multisim on Twitter!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,879 Views)
Thanks. I later found these parts in the RF database area.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,754 Views)