From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Timing?

Should be a simple solution, but it has been a few years since I have MultiSim-ed.  I want to dictate the speed in which the simulation runs.  Basically, in the simulation, it take about 2 mintues to simulate about 1 second of real life action that will occur (the "Trans: 1.000 s" at the bottom of the window).  I basically would like to change this to run about real time, and have found no documentation.  I have been wondering this since college!  So you gurus probably know, but please enlighten me!  I would also like to know of a good doc source so I can solve these sorts of problems on my own.

Thanks a bunch!

Colb
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,108 Views)

It is not going to be possible to achieve real time simulation, since a lot of calculus and mathematics are going-on on the background. However, you can try to manipulate simulation speed by changing the timestep of the simulation. There are two places you can try:

Simulate >> Interactive Simulation Settings.. and check the section for timestep.

Simulate >> Digital Simulation Settings.

For technical documents about Multisim, check-out the new Technical Library:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5579

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,104 Views)
This worked great.  I actually got it to run pretty close to real time, although I might be losing some math processes.  Oh well, seems to sim correctly.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,101 Views)