Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation Convergence Error on OP-AMP (TL082CD) Amplifier Circuit

Hello,

I am new to this Multisim and have basic electronics knowledge.

I have build the attached circuit and upon simulation it gives convergence error. Also, it was not able to solve automatically and tried setting interactive simulation (Start from Zero) etc.

Please someone can have a look at circuit there may be issue in circuit.

Thanks

Shahid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,341 Views)

Hello,

your convergence error is most likely caused by a missing DC path to GND (0) at the V1 voltage source. Split the 9V into 2x4.5V in series and place a GND in the middle. That way you will still have de 9V difference but the reference point will be GND.

Spice is particularly sensitive to floating nodes because it only sees the difference but cannot work out the single ended voltages without a defined reference point.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,328 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, after splitting the battery in two halves and with ground at middle point it gives error two sources are found in parallel and further it gives convergence error when I delete all supply circuit.

It may be due to 0 volt Vref which I have used?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,315 Views)

Use the GND symbol everywhere instead of VCC=0V. VCC is still interpreted as voltage and you don't have GND/reference in the circuit.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,312 Views)

Thanks

I was able to solve the issue by deleting both VDCs and connecting manually to the op-amp.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,288 Views)

I got the same error but if I got any solution then I'll let you know targetehr

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,253 Views)