cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silkscreen exporting small lines for bitmap import

Hello, 

I am trying to get these silkscreens to work, 

SladeJ_0-1612473643644.png

However when these were sent to the board house, they came back as missing on the finished PCB's. I reached out and asked why, and they replied: 

“So the reason the “boxes” did not print on the boards is that they are made up of lines that are less then 1mil Our machines in screen can only print line that are 1mil and above. The one box that did print was made of 1mil lines. Now we prefer to have all line on the silk layers to be 5mil and bigger. The print looks better and it also takes less time to print as well. So if they could make them 5mil that would be great.”

SladeJ_1-1612473704296.png

is there a setting somewhere, or something I can use to see these line sizes in the gerber? Double clicking the bmp there shows me this in the width tab. 

Any help appreciated!!!

SladeJ_2-1612473854165.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(950 Views)

I am having the same issue with my logo not printing. I did not get any feedback from the manufacturer, only a PCB with no logo. Twice. Other manufacturers did print the logo, so they must have different tools or they did the reprocessing of the image manually without complaint.

Is there a solution for this? Can the minimum graphics line width be changed? A datasheet for a machine similar to the manufacturer's states a minimum line width of 3 mil, but I'm no PCB equipment expert.

(825 Views)