Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seven segment display

Hey, I must do the task where I have to show on the seven segment display numbers 0-9, and I did it, for now tested it with probes bt when I joined this display, it showed weird things (for me quite random I could say), so I tested it on the easiest circuit I could think of:

circ1.JPGcirc2.JPGso I joined the display and the word generator, set up-count and I didn't see numbers. Could somebody explain me how to use display to see numbers on it, when I have seven outputs with correct bits on it (like 0110000 = '1' , 1101101 = '2', 1111001 = '3', '1111111' = 8)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,880 Views)

Hi 

I have never used a word generator to control the display because we do not have complete control of the functionality. I would suggest one example that uses the 74LS47N. You can find it in the examples, Help>>>Find Examples>>>Getting Started FInal.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,836 Views)

Hello @bgmnt here is a working circuit. I used a 4511BP CMOS BCD-to-7 Segment IC and a common cathode 7 segment display. In the Word Generator the frequency is set to 60Hz, Control to Cycle, and Display to Binary. The 7 segment alone can not decode random voltage inputs so a decode is needed. Although without one a random lamp test of the A-G can be applied. 

Word Generator CircuitWord Generator Circuit     SettingsSettings

*Drag and drop the snippet into your Multisim workspace to test the design. Version 14.2 was used to create this circuit.

Bits4Bots Team

www.bits4bots.com

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,335 Views)