Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services Running

I just installed Multisim NI 14.1, I only want the circuit simulator.

Unfortunately, the installation process installed NI Ultiboard. I went back through the process and I didn't see an option that directly gave me the ability to not add it. Is there a way to remove it? 

I also noticed several services running in the background for NI, when NI is not running. Are these normal? Can I remove/disable them without causing drastic issues wiCapture.PNGth NI? Below is a snip of those services.

This may be in the wrong category  but I didn't see anything right away that was for software questions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,106 Views)

Hello DawnsDragon,

Multisim, Multisim MCU Module and Ultiboard, all share the same executables, libraries and files. It is actually one big program the Circuit Design Suite. You cannot install them separately, in the same way, you cannot uninstall them separately. However you can activate/deactivate each feature separately, but this is not going to 'take away' or erase any of the programs.

I assume that this is possibly about saving space on your computer by uninstalling one of the components, but the truth is that they are one single program, so there is no space saving. Just one program with different features activated.

As for the services you see below, these are essential to the functionality of NI software. Each service has its own responsibility. Disabling one or any could have negative consequences. They should be running as you see. This is expected behavior.

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,071 Views)