From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime error on install Circuit Design Suite 11.0

Hello,

I'm getting a runtime error when trying to install Multisim and Ultiboard.

image.png

Running on Windows 10

I've looked at other posts and tried suggestions done there but I haven't had any luck yet.

I hope someone else could help me fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,897 Views)

JasperRab

It looks like you may be using software incompatible with Win10.

Academic Site License 2010 and Circuit Design Suite 11.0 are only compatible on Win 7 and below. 

National Instruments Product Compatibility for Microsoft Windows 10

Does a compatible software throw the same error? NI Circuit Design Suite Educational Edition 14.0.1

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,863 Views)

Rebecca,

Thanks for the reply.

Version 14.0.1 seems to work. However version 11.0 does work on my Windows 10 Desktop PC, and other colleagues have it working there as well on Windows 10 machines.

Is this just a random thing that it works on those machines? Or is there a packed that isn't available for the installer?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,860 Views)

Hey JasperRab.

Incompatible doesn't mean will never work - it just means we can't promise it will always work as it hasn't been tested, and therefore we cannot support its use.

In this case Windows 10 was not available at the release of Multisim version 11.0 so it has not been tested and verified as a compatible OS. There may be a way to get it working but this would be officially unsupported, and most likely a case of trial and error using the working machines for comparison or a reformat of the OS to see if it installs on a clean copy.

I hope this helps, if there's anything else let me know. 

Kind regards, 
Rebecca 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,845 Views)