cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Multisim with Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi kakariki,

I have converted the project to v11. It is attached. The default path for the lvinstruments folder is something along these lines.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 12.0\LVInstruments\

This is for Win XP. It should be similar in Win 7 as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
Message 21 of 44
(2,570 Views)

The exact location for the USER LabVIEW Instruments is found by looking at the Global Settings as it does vary from OS to OS...

From the menu:  

Options -> Global preferences

; Under the 'Paths' tab go to the section called Miscellaneous.

The folder location specified in "User LabVIEW Instruments path" is where you want to save the Custom User VI (It should be a .llb with a related folder (if needed)).

Multisim custom VI path.JPG

Regards,

Pat N

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 44
(2,567 Views)
i installed the multisim connectivity toolkit...and got the mutisim options list in the connectivity pallete in labview. Now I want to build a custom circuit (a decade counter) in multisim and use its output to display on labview. Please guide me with appropriate steps...
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 44
(2,491 Views)
i installed the multisim connectivity toolkit...and got the mutisim options list in the connectivity pallete in labview. Now I want to build a custom circuit in multisim abd use its output for display on labview. Please guide me with appropriate steps...
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 44
(2,489 Views)

Hello, 

I am trying to get a random number generated in LabVIEW and use its output in Multisim. I looked at the tutorials here and followed the below procedure. However, it doesnt seem to work. Please let me know if I am missing something. 

- 'StarterIOInstrument' from the "templates" folder seems to have the basic functionality i need.

- So I "build" the llb from it and placed it at this location. 

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 12.0\LVInstruments

(I got this from Multisim>> Option>> Global Preferences>> User LabVIEW Instruments Path).

- Then I closed Multisim and reopened it. But it doesnt seem to list this in the Multisim>>Simulation>>Instruments>>LabVIEW Instruments 

I am using Multisim 12.0 and LV 2013, Ver 13.0 (32-bit).

I need to use many more such LV vis in Multisim. I have attached both the llb and my mutisim circuit. Kindly have a look at my circuit and let me know if i am going wrong somewhere or just simply missing something.

Thanks in advance,

LN

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 44
(2,403 Views)

Hi, the reason you don't see the instrument is because Multisim 12 includes support for LabVIEW instruments from LabVIEW 8.2.1 up to LabVIEW 2011. This is determined by the version that is available at the time Multisim is released.

I'll grab the LabVIEW 2013 interface libraries from a more recent Multisim version and do a quick test in Multisim 12. I can't give any guarantees that it will work (most likely it will though) but I'll report back later today on this.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 44
(2,392 Views)

OK, I tested the instrument interface files for LabVIEW 2013 used in Multisim 14. I placed them in the Multisim 12 directory and it works fine, it is able to load and run LabVIEW 2013 instruments.

Attached you will find the LVInstrIF1300.zip with the two interface files, you need to place these two files in the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite 12.0\lvinstruments

(if you have a 32-bit OS then it is just 'Program Files')

Then simply restart Multisim and if you look under the LabVIEW Instruments menu you should see your instrument listed now.

I hope this works for you.

Regards,

Nestor
Message 27 of 44
(2,389 Views)

Hi Nestor,

Thank you, Nestor for the prompt reply. I did as you said.

Now its listing in the Multisim>>Simulation>>Instruments>>LV Instruments.

But something seems to be going wrong when I place it on my Multisim Design and "Run" it. I am getting an error saying "Errors in Netlist generator".

I have attached my multisim design, my random number generator function llb and the screenshot of my error. Please let me know where I am going wrong. 

Thanks,

LN

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 44
(2,377 Views)

Hey Nestor,

I worked on it again and was able to get a random signal on Multisim.

I have to create a random signal and compare it with an upper limit and lower limit and check if its in range. If in range i need an output to go to logic "1".

when i execute this entire logic in the Generate simulation.vi and build "In range output(converted into number)" as a waveform function, i am able to avoid all errors and get the signal in Multisim.

Does that mean, any input to be send to Multisim has to be send as a waveform data? Is there any other way to send data to Multisim? If yes, how do i go about it?

Thanks in advance,

LN

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 44
(2,371 Views)

Another doubt.

In "Random number generator.llb\Random number generator_multisimInformation.vi",

under "output pin names" cant we give any name other than "in" or "out"?

If I give, how is it connected to the Random number generator.vit? And finally to Multisim ?

Thanks in advance,

LN

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 44
(2,369 Views)