Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROM/PROM/EPROM??

As I was here and was looking around I happened upon a post from a teacher who was looking for RAM and he was apparently directed to something available which worked for him.  Therefore, I'm curcious to know if there is a functioning ROM, PROM, or EPROM component.  I figured when it came to something like that I'd have to use the word generator (which I've never used) in some creative manner or maybe input from a disk file somehow (which I did do years ago in an old version, I think EWB 5.2 maybe, and as a single ended analog input). 

Is there such an animal in Multisim 10, a component that allows for bytes to be strored in a simulated memory and then read back via addresses?  Seeing that RAM thread gave me a bit of hope that there is.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,279 Views)

Oh!   I  have the same question.  

As  I know  , Multisim 10  can  simulate  the  MCU ,  so it should allows for bytes to be strored in a simulated memory and then read back via addresses.

but  i didn't know how to use it !

Do you have any advices?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,264 Views)

Hi guys,

I am not familiar with the operation and simulation of EPROMs and MCUs, but I do know that there is a sample files that are shipped with Multisim. If you have Multisim Pro Full, Power Pro, Edu or Student, you should have this functionality. Specifically, there's a RAMController example in the MCU Sample Circuits\805x Samples\ directory which demonstrates how to use a HM1-65642-883 SRAM to a 805x MCU. You can run the simulation and see the signals required to drive the SRAM.

Hope that helps.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,258 Views)

I´ve found a workaround:

Add a 74154 (4x16 decoder/demux) to your project and pretend its a ROM/PROM. Now, modify its model data such that its inputs are interpreted as address and its outputs as data_out. See example attached.

Angilberto.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,806 Views)

Hi Please I need  to design RAM and Write ,also read the Data from HM1-65642-883 , I connect the circuit but it doesnt write , already no data read . the circuit i attachment it pleas this connection is right or no , if no whats the correct , and please how I can write or access the data ...  in addition how I can read the data

With my heartfelt thanks

ٌRawan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,911 Views)