From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Plane Problem: Only one layer as an option.

Dear all,

I try to use Create Power Plane tool as usually, but for some reason bottom layer is already selected and it can not be changed. I am using dual layer board, so there should be also top layer. I can draw traces and everything except the power plane on the top layer.

I have made many dual layer boards without any problems with Power Planes. I can't figure out what I am doing differently from the previous boards.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,162 Views)

Hi,

Try this:

1.  Select Edit>>Selection Filter, disable all filters except for "Enable polygon", the default toolbars should have the filters option so you don't have to go back to the menu.

2.  Select Edit>>Select All to select all copper area and power plane on the work area,

3.  Press Delete,

Now try placing the power plane again.  If this doesn't work, please send me the file, I will see if I can fix it for you.  Create a service request at:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niae_asc.main?lang=US

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,132 Views)