Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potentiometer parameter sweep

Hello, I want to perform a parameter sweep for this potentiometer (VR1) in order to see how much the output voltage changes when I alternate between Vcc and Vee. I've been trying to find information about this but I can't find the correct way to do it, and when I try it I get the wrong results.

circuit.png

I don't even know if the part I'm selecting is the right one, since even after I gave it a name, the potentiometer is not shown in the list (see attachment).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,440 Views)

Hi INORAN,

There are a couple problems here. First you are trying to sweep the device parameter rc1:xu1, this is an internal component of the opamp model. 

The potentiometer isn't really suited to parameter suite, it is designed to be used with interactive simulation where you can contol resistance with the slider. The resistance / slider value cannot be swept by parameter sweep. You would be better off using a regular resistor, or if you are just trying to see the effect of rail-to-rail input voltages, just a DC source. 

A DC source is probably better since then you can ground the circuit (Multisim and SPICE sometimes run into trouble if a circuit has no ground). Then you would have something like this for your paremeter sweep settings:

dc_sweep.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,398 Views)

Thank you, I suspected I wasn't selecting the right parameter. I was hopeful that 'parameter sweep' worked with potentiometers, since this is an assignment for extra points (that exact same circuit). I think that what you suggested is a better idea. I'll check with my professor.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,389 Views)