Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part editor defaults

Solved!
Go to solution

Somehow I managed to set up some kind of default when I was creating a 1/4" jack footprint such that now whenever I edit a part or create a new part, it automatically loads the silkcreen labling of this jack footprint. I don't know how I did it but more importantly I have no idea how to get rid of it! 

I've attached a snap of what happens. I selected a TO-5 footprint to edit from the database and when it loads it has the silkscreen labling for the 1/4" jack. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,058 Views)

This is like shooting in the dark, could you attach a file with that part?

Does it happen when you open new files? You could try to copy the parts on a new design.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,021 Views)

It happens when I create a new part, when I edit and existing part, whenever I open the part editor. The TO-5 part I attached to my post was a Master Library part that I copied so I could edit it. I can place the part no problem, looks fine. But if I try to edit the part I get all those Silkscreen letters from the jack footprint I created. 

So it isn't in a file, really, it happens every time I go into the part editor. If I got through the entire part wizard, when I hit 'finish' I get a foot print with those silkscreen letters there. I can delete them and save the part and everything is fine. It only has to do with first launching the editor. They are attributes that show up everytime I open the editor. Like they are automatically inserted when I launch the editor. 

I've attached what I see when I edit a test point. The part does not have those attributes but when I edit it, they are automatically added. Although it does not happen when I do an 'in place part edit'. Only when I edit a part using the database manager. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,019 Views)

You may have changed an attribute, try this, go to Options/PCB Properties, and down left on the Attribute tag, deselect the checkbox and check the attributes.

I didn't see the last post

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,013 Views)

I have tried to figure out what you did but could not replicate it.

Something similar I got is when you create new attributes on Options/PCB properties and you set them as default, they remain on the screen when you open a new design.

It occurs to me that what you did is that you is that you were using the parts from the user database and you modified those, something you could try is to remove the attributes from the Options/PCB properties close the program and open it again.

"You cannot make any changes to the Master Database, but you can copy a footprint from the Master Database to either your User or Corporate Database and then edit that footprint."

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8A20C35B155A5F3086257806006040BE

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,004 Views)

I appreciate you trying to help but I don't think you understand my problem. It has nothing to do with PCB properties. Those look exactly as I would expect. This only affect part editing, and it does it for all designs. Not just one. 

I have a large library in the Corporate database that I use for all the parts I create myself, and there are 100's if not 1000's of them. This has nothing to do with the master data base. 

I know how this all works! I've been using it since version 9. Going on 11 years now. This is something new that just happened to me. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,002 Views)

Something to try would be to make a backup copy of the Configuration File on the Options/Global Options/Paths, delete it and restart the program again to check if something was changed with the ini configuration.

If you do a desktop video of the behavior, I can consult further.

https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,983 Views)

Nope, did not do anything. I'll see if I can capture the process and post. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,980 Views)

Here you go! Had to zip it first.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,978 Views)

got it! I'll consult about it tomorrow!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,976 Views)