Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter Sweep AC mangnitude

I have a circuit as attached. I'm trying to do a sweep on the magnitude of my AC source (V1) at 100kHz frequency. The goal is to plot the transfer function V_out/V_source in magnitude and seeing it become nonlinear as I increase the magnitude of the AC source

AC_magnitude_Parameter Sweep.PNG

I went to analysis and simulation >> Parameter Sweep and set up the circuit as below: 

parameterSetting.PNG

outputSetting.PNG

When I click run, it says "There are no valid output variables". Any help is appreciated!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,831 Views)

I am not sure if it is related with this, but when you open the A_Power on the value tab, there is values that needs to be set in order to make the AC anaylisis, you can try changing those.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,784 Views)

Attach voltage probes at input and output of your circuit. Under "parameter sweep" analysis, In "output" tab add expression "V(PR2)/V(PR1)".

Message 3 of 9
(7,757 Views)

I'm having a similar issue. Is there any chance that this can get resolved please?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,217 Views)

Hello ejwyers,

The problem itself comes from the settings of the "Parameter Sweep" analysis type.

In the Multisim documentation you can see that you cannot sweep the peak voltage of an AC source using device/model parameters.

To be able to do that you should select "Circuit Parameters" option and define them for your project.

Below you can see sources of the info:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375482B-01/multisim/parametersweepanalysis/#wp1143602

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375482B-01/multisim/cctparameters/#wp829102

So you need define parameters, like when programming.

When you define a parameter, for example if you want to sweep amplitude of the AC source you create parameter "Amplitude" and you put (write the world Amplitude) that parameter in the "Voltage(PK)" instead of voltage value, after it will appear in the settings of analysis.

Here you can find how to create "Circuit Parameters".

Here how it should look like:

2020-05-22_023505.png

2020-05-22_023555.png

Additionally I attached my experimental "Test" project you saw in the screenshots.

(5,913 Views)

😀😀😀😀👍👍kudos to you

Message 6 of 9
(4,734 Views)

Можно ли как-то вбить в параметры несколько однотипных компонентов (например, bjt npn, 4 штуки), называя их цифрами или буквами, которые будут подставляться при анализе в качестве параметра?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,726 Views)

Да, это возможно, но следует применять только буквы.

В будущем попробуйте создать новый форум, чтобы разные вопросы оставались отдельными, а другие пользователи могли легко находить интересующую информацию.
Всегда готов помочь!

-тогда приведите пример, как, допустим транзисторы:

tipa_0-1629432344224.png

забить в анализ на максимальный коэффициент усиления. Этот вопрос будет размещён в теме: "Приёмы создания параметров"
Спасибо!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,688 Views)