Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLCC-28 DRC Errors

Hey all, me and my work partner have a question since when we import the part PLCC-28 (This is just a differential clock driver) the part itself has DRC erros even though
is from the NI library!
Design Rule Error: Net VCC Close To Net 0
Design Rule Error: Net SMA20 Close To Unused Pin.

This is because the top right pin and right pin on top seem to be too close to each other....is there anyway this can be a mistake in the original package file...also I tried right clicking the
part and doing an in place part edit and I managed to move the pins a bit apart and then after I was done it showed no DRC errors...but the problem is you can move the pins around just like that right?
Any help would be great, let me know your thoughts on this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,863 Views)

Hi, Design Rules Check (DRC) errors are defined by the designer, not by NI. You start with a default global setting that may or may not be good for your design. One of the first steps when you transfer a design is to actually define your design rules along with many other things.

If two pins are too close together, and you are getting a DRC, go to View > Clearances and you will see that most likely the clearance area around those two nets are too close together, you might need to select the specific pin, right-click and select properties, then on the Pin Properties dialog select the General tab, look for the Clearance field and decrease it. Or use the Spreadsheet View to locate those pins (SMT Pads tab or THT Pads tab), then use the Trace Clearance column to decrease it.

DO NOT move the pins away, usually footprints are designed to match the actual part when placed, if you move the pins you might not be able to fit the part once you place it to solder it.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,859 Views)