From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCB footprint with moveable pins

Does anyone know if it is possible, or if there is a good way, of creating a schematic symbol that maps to a footprint that has pins that can be moved? I have a panel mount pushbutton switch that is used a lot and it is connected to the PCB via wires so I like to arrange the pads such that they make dressing the wires neat and orgainized. Unfortunately it is different for just about every design I do that uses it. 

They way I do it now is I just create a box in the schematic in the shape of the switch and use individual test points as the connections. It works and doesn't look -too- bad but my client wants to see a symbol that looks like a switch and shows the pins that are associated with the pole and each throw. This particular switch has 3 poles and another one has 4. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,913 Views)

Hi,

If I had to do it, I would have used your solution as well.

At this moment I don't see any other possibility.

but you could add a drawing of the switch and place the individual testpoint near their connection on the drawing.

In fact what you would need is a kind of multi-section footprint in analogy to the multisection schematic symbol...

Succes...

stressed user

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,897 Views)