Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Own NC-Tool Table for Drill Export

Hello,

for my PCB manufacturer I have to supply drill data in the Excellon 2 format. The NC-Drill export tool allows only to adjust the number of integers, digits and unit format. The resulting *.drl file contains a subsequent list of tool numbers for each drill size.

What I need is a matching of my drill sizes to the tool numbers of the manufacturer. Other PCB-layout programs offer the possibility to import a tool table and set a tolerance for the tool size matching (e.g. 3%). The output are two files: One is the *.drl file where the manufacturers tool numbers are used and the other is a report file showing the success of drill size matching.

Is this already implemented somewhere, or can I change the tool table numbering?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,
Jan-Peter Hauschild
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,516 Views)

When I exported the NC-drill File recently on a project I got 2 files. One is the .drl file and the other is the labeled Drill Info.rep. This lists the tool sizes in your units of measure and the number of holes to be drilled with each one as well as the number of tools needed.

If your trying to match up your board to thier tools then you may need to have them give you a list of the sizes and then resize your pads/holes on the board to match as I do not see a way of importing a drill table.

I hope this helps some.

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,500 Views)