From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPA657: Trouble importing

Hey guys,

I've been trying to import an OPA657 spice model but it doesn't work. The spice model is from the manufacturer, Texas Instruments. I am on MS14.2.

I have corrected the multiple top lvl subckt problem, allowing the device to be imported. However, the imported device causes a convergence issue immediately when simulated. This occurs even when the OPA657 is the only component on the board.

------ Checking SPICE netlist for OPA656 Raw Single Stage - Thursday, 23 April 2020, 12:58:05 PM ------
Warning: RefDes 'u2', element 'g1:xi52:xi0': Use of log() is ambiguous, simulation will treat this as ln() in this case. See the "Mathematical Expressions" section in the Multisim SPICE manual for details

======= SPICE Netlist check completed, 0 error(s), 1 warning(s) =======
Error: Unable to converge during transient analysis. Consider increasing the ABSTOL, VNTOL, and RELTOL options.
Simulation canceled
See convergence help for more information

I have increased the ABSTOL, VNTOL and RELTOL to as suggested elsewhere long ago in the forum, as well as decreased the maximum time step. Does not solve the problem.

I hope you can help me resolve this quickly as I really need this component for a project.

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,317 Views)

Hi,

Did this error get fixed? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,568 Views)