From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non_Ideal_RLC

Working through some old tutorials on multisim and power electronics.  The tutorial is for Multisim 12 and 13 but I'm using Multisim 14.

The instructions say to use the non_ideal_RLC components  per the picture below 

image.png

But in multisim 14.1 there is no non_ideal_RLC familly under basic.

Did they move these components?

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,859 Views)

Dave@ECI,

I just checked and I do have this NON_IDEAL_RLC that is shown on the screen and I am using Multisim 14.1.

What edition of Multisim are you using? Perhaps your edition does not include these components? You can compare editions here.

If your edition does have these, then I would suggest repairing the installation.

Regards,

tuco100s

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,836 Views)

Thanks Tuco, I think you solved it.  I should have Multisim pro but someone downloaded multisim base when they picked up the last update.

I would 'know' that you solved it, but the top 3 links are broken at the web page you sent me to that provides the list of components in each version.  I'll put in a tech support request on that.

I do have another stupid question, I wanted to put the Multisim Forum in 'My Groups' but for the life of me I can't find the button I used before to put a Forum sub group into my favorites.

I'm looking at the webpage here https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multisim-and-Ultiboard/bd-p/370 am I missing something simple?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,832 Views)

Correction to last note, its not the top 3 links, but the 3 links in section 1 of the webpage...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,831 Views)

I saw that you can actually look the files at the right side of the webpage

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,819 Views)

That explains part of it, the non_ideal_ resistors, caps and Inductors are in full and pro, but not in the basic package.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,816 Views)