From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No License Available error NILM16

I cannot activate my Multisim programs. I get the error message "The requested license is unavailable on this computer.(NILM16)" I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled the program. Answered the licensing questions and the install loads the software on my computer. When I try to start Multisim the above screen apears. I need to get some work done please tell me how to get past this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,046 Views)

Hi Ernie,

Please try this:

1.  Assuming you still have Circuit Design Suite installed, run the multisim setup again.  

2.  When you get to the Features window, click on the drop down arrow beside NI Circuit Design Suite and select Remove this feature

remove.png

3.  Keep pressing the Next button unitl the setup windows is closed

4.  Run the setup again but this time, install the software as usual

If this you are not able to startup the software, what OS are you using?  What version did you installed, professional, education or ADI?

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,025 Views)

I am trying to reinstall Multisim 11.0. I  have WINXP system. This program has worked on this computer before. I installed Multisim 12.0 demo and this program works ok. Are there any files I should remove to get the License to work?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,017 Views)

If you go to this path:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\License Manager\Licenses

This is the location where the license files are keep, if you don't see anything for version 11 the software won't start.

IF you see the license files for version 11, and Multisim won't start, the problem is somewhere else.  Did you try the steps I described previously?

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,014 Views)

Please license given me

Message 5 of 5
(4,081 Views)