From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI ELVIS III Digital Reader

Hello everyone,

I’m using NI ELVIS III for a school project (Magnetic field sensors) identical to the one on here https://learn.ni.com/teach/resources/604 . however, this lab was designed for NI ELVIS II and they are using NI ELVIS II Digital Reader; This instrument reads digital data using DIO 8 - DIO 15 as inputs for the NI ELVIS II. The whole process is integrated in LabVIEW.  

I can’t find Digital Reader on NI ELVIS III; Is not in the Academic I/O palette. I’m assuming is not available on this device. What is the alternative?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,950 Views)

Hello LLawrence, 

Pretty sure I know you!!! ; ) I would also really love it if National Instruments would answer this question. I think its really awful of them to make us students buy this $2700.00 piece of equipment because the NI ELVIS II is on back order for forever and then not put forth the proper education about how to use it. I see that this was posted by you 6 months ago and they still have not answered the question. Please start making step-by-step tutorials on how to do various VI's in LabView for the NI ELVIS III so that us students can actually learn how to use it and pass our classes.

Lacey

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,678 Views)