Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Circuit Design Suite 10 Core configuration

When I launch MultiSim 10 Student edition, instead of the yellow NI flash screen I periodically get a Windows box labelled "NI Circuit Design Suite 10 Core" that contains the message "Please wait while Windows configures NI Circuit Design Suite 10." This process takes a minute or so before the yellow flash screen finally appears to indicate that the program is loading.

Is there something incomplete about the installation, or is this an expected behavior?

Thanks,
Rick McCall
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,553 Views)
It seems the installer did not finish correctly apparently... try doing a repair. Start >> Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs, look for National Instruments Software, click Change, now look for your NI Circuit Design Suite 10 and click Repair. Give that a try.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,548 Views)

Thanks Nestor. I did try that. I have since discovered what appears to be the cause.

Apparently there are two files that are part of the NI Core named comutil.dll and se.exe. Unfortunately, these are also the names of two ubiquitous spyware programs "Comet Cursor," and "Look2Me." My spyware removal program has been regularly removing them and thus forcing the program to re-install these pieces of the core. I have marked them to be ignored and hope that this solves the problem.

All the best,

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,540 Views)
Rick, thanks for sharing this with us... is great that you find the root of the problem.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,537 Views)