From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW – Multisim Touch on the iPad

iPad 3th gen? (before iPad Air) using iOS 8.4
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 46
(2,739 Views)

Hi Lalox:

If you double-click the home button, do you still see the Multisim Touch app as still running? Or did it completely terminated? We are now able to reproduce this scenario with an old iPad 2 device, however, the app is not fully crashing, it stays running in the background. It would simply help knowing if you also see that behaviour or if in your case it completely shuts down the app.

The other question is, can you provide us the exact model number of your device? It is becoming important to know which generation or hardware version is crashing.

Thanks!

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 46
(2,734 Views)
Ok yes that's the bahaveour. It remains running or at least i can see it opened at the multitask enviroment. When I try to run it again sometimes i can not see anything but the principal page of multism (the logo). If i shut down the app and try to open it again i can see the principal and then the circuits selction for some seconds. If circuits page is shown and dont crashes, it does when you try anaything.
Model is A1458. Thanks to you.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 46
(2,723 Views)

Thank you Lalox, that information is helpful to get to the bottom of the issue. It does seems to be hardware-specific, meaning, it only occurs on particular models (yours is one of them, and we were able to get hold of a device here in the office that is also showing the same behaviour).

We will debug and fix this issue in the coming weeks. We will update this post and the iTunes page as soon as we have a solution.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 46
(2,704 Views)
Today i'm buying multisim touch app. When i'm trying to do somthing: open circuit, create new circuit, tap on edit - app is crushes to home screen. I need my money back!
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 46
(2,620 Views)

Hi CheF85:

We're in the process of solving this crash. Yours is the 3rd report in this thread. Can you provide us with the exact iPad model (look in the back of the device) and the exact version of iOS that you are running?

Regards,

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 46
(2,597 Views)
Spoiler
We're in the process of solving this crash. Yours is the 3rd report in this thread. Can you provide us with the exact iPad model (look in the back of the device) and the exact version of iOS that you are running?

Ipad 4 a1459 ios 8.4

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 46
(2,590 Views)

Hi CheF85, 

Could you try updating your iOS version to the latest (9.2)? Please let us know if that solves the problem.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 46
(2,585 Views)
I am having problems updating to the iOS iTunes let me to do: 9.1.2 i will check for 9.2, test and share my experience. Thanks again for your patience
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 46
(2,573 Views)

No thank you for your patience with the app. Were you able to install just 9.1.2? Did that solve the problem with the crash?

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 46
(2,569 Views)