Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NESTOR...Having problem with text in Ultiboard...PLEASE HELP!!!

I have Ultiboard 9 and I'm having a problem with the text...first of all , I use a specific font for my company logo, and it shows up just fine in the edit window...however, in the 3-d window it only outlines certain letters...for example... the word "racing", in my file I have the word "racing" on the board and the "a" and "g" are ok, but the "r", "c", "i", and "n" letters are only outlined??? I thought since it shows up ok in the edit window that maybe it was just a glitch in the 3-d window...however, when I created the silkscreen gerber file, it showed up just like the 3-d version. I've tried to add the file here so anyone could look at it and see if they know what the problem is, but it says it's not a supported file...

Also, the odd thing is that if you right click on the text and go to orientation > Flip horizontal...then the opposite letters become solid...I've demonstrated that in the file so you could see it both ways, but again, it won't let me upload it here. I found this out because the "B" in my logo is reversed and that's how I fist saw it in the 3-d view. Thanks in advance for any help you can give...

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,652 Views)

There is an issue with font in V9 and when you generate your silkscreen Gerber file, the text does not come out exactly what you may see on the design.  The only font that is guaranteed to work is Line font.  If double click on your text and select the Attribute tab, you should find the option to change your font to line font.

Tien P.

National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(3,639 Views)
Thanks for the heads up!!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,635 Views)