Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutisim export circuit in XML

Hi,

I am using MultiSim 14.0 and the evaluation version of the eHS - Power Electronics Simulation Tool for cRIO-9039.

One interesting feature of the eHS is that it can simulates on FPGA circuit designed in MultiSim.

In order to do that it requires an XML file that contains the model description of the circuit.

Now, MultiSim must be configured to export this XML file.

The evaluation version of eHS comes with an executable application (programmed in LabVIEW) that tries to modify a registry entry. Unfortunately this application doesn't work correctly in my PC. It returns an error relative to administrative privileges, although I run it as administrator.

Since I cannot use this application, is there any other way to make MultiSim export this XML file?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,326 Views)

If you are comfortable modifying the registry yourself, you can update the registry key manually. There should be a "FAMExportEnabled" registry key in the created by Multisim. Setting this value to 1 will enable FAM export.

If you are using a 32 bit version of Windows this key will be located at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite\{version}\Multisim\Settings

If you are using a 64 bit version of Windows this key will be located at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\Circuit Design Suite\{version}\Multisim\Settings

replace {version} with the version of Multisim you want to enable the export for.

Message 2 of 6
(4,284 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

I modified the registry entry but still MultiSim doesn't export the xml.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,255 Views)

Hey Cthulhu-IK4,

Which version of MultiSim are you using?

Message 4 of 6
(4,239 Views)

Sorry, I just saw that you mentioned you were using MultiSim 14.0 in your first post.

I believe the XML export is only compatible with MultiSim 13.0.

Message 5 of 6
(4,234 Views)

Cthulhu-IK4,

I was seeing the same errors as you. I tried a few different steps to fix it, including the following:

1. Uninstalled Multisim 14.0

2. Reinstalled Multisim 13.0

3. Ensured that Multisim 13.0 Schematic capture and simulation was properly activated. This involved manually deactivating it (by right-clicking on the Power Pro Edition heading) in NI License Manager prior to reactivating it with my Serial Number.

I think Step 3 was finally what fixed the problem, which means the Error message I was seeing (namely the You do not have access to edit registry. Try right clicking EXE and selecting "Run as Administrator" message - screenshot below for anyone else who has found this thread) was probably unrelated to the actual problem.

multisim error.PNG

I hope this helps!

(4,226 Views)