Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multism schematic line width

Hi !

Is there an option to change the selected net width ?

It would be nice, to show power lines with bolder lines in the schematic.

Or it could be automatic, for example: If I set 100mil trace width in the net's properties, then it would display this line width.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,069 Views)

Hi lidi,

Unfortunately the answer to your question is no, you can not change the width of wires on a Multisim schematic individually.

You can only change all their widths together as seen on the screenshot below. Also, there is no way to link this (purely presentational) GUI feature to the PCB trace width meta-data that is stored for each net.

Multisim_wire_width.jpg

Sorry... 😞

Best regards,

ST

Best Regards,
T Simon
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,053 Views)

Hi lidi,

I had another idea that might help you a little, however you might already be aware of this:

You can set the COLOR of each individual node, simply by right-clicking on the node. Also, you can change the default wire color by customizing the color style on the "Sheet Properties" page seen on the screenshot above.

If you change power to red, ground to blue, and the default wire to black or green, it might help you visually.

Best regards,

ST

Best Regards,
T Simon
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 3 of 5
(6,049 Views)

Hmm, yes, i know about coloring. And I could draw over the schematic with graphic lines, but that is not a convenient solution.

Can You propose the developers to include such a useful function ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,040 Views)

Hi lidi,

Thank you for your suggestion, I will raise the issue the next time we have a feedback session.

We greatly value customer feedback, so if you have any further ideas on how we could improve out products in the future, please feel free to contact us any time, or post them to the forum under

ni.com/ideas

the developers will surely consider them for their next product version iteration.

Best Regards,

ST

Best Regards,
T Simon
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,028 Views)