From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim transformer windings diameter

Hello. I need to build a computer power supply in Multisim with the following output parameters: U1 = 5+-1 V, I1 = 10 A, U2 = 12+-0.6 V, I2 = 5 A, U3 = -12+-0.6 V, I3 = 0.1 A. Everything is OK with the third output parameter, but I can't simulate the first and the second parameters. My teacher told me that it is because of the small diameter of the windings of the transformer provided in Master Database of Multisim and I need to change the diameter. I found a template model in Master Database -> Basic -> Transformer and tried to make 1P3S model from 1P2S in "edit model" menu, but it was unsuccessful. And I also didn't understand how to change the windings' diameter of transformer. Is it possible to create a transformer with the needed custom parameters?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,238 Views)

Hello iandrew,

You can use the ones called TEMPLATE_1PXS_XXXMODEL en select to view the model to modify the parameters or paste your own SPICE Model.

Diego H

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,182 Views)