From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim antenna

Does multism have a antenna component if not, then how do I create a antenna in multisim?

I am looking for a simple dipole or monopole antenna.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(18,213 Views)

Hi,

Multisim does not include an antenna component. It seems that a basic approach would be to use a voltage source in series with a resistor (antenna resistance). Another idea would be the use of an equivalent circuit consisting of a capacitor, inductor and resistor.     

Also, in Multisim take a look of the RF Group in the Master Database. It contains some components that could be useful for your simulation.

Hope this helps.

Fernando D.
National Instruments

Message 2 of 5
(17,513 Views)

what should be the value of the voltage regulator if the antenna resistance is 50ohm

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,984 Views)

@siddharthrao998 wrote:

what should be the value of the voltage regulator if the antenna resistance is 50ohm

A single sentence added to a 6 year old thread is not sufficient to help you. Please provide significantly more detail. What does an antenna have to do with voltage regulation?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,975 Views)

typo, i meant a voltage source not a regulator. I need a 50ohm aluminum dipole yagi antenna component but cant find it in multisim.

The man mentioned the antenna could be replaced by a voltage source in series with a resistor(in my case a 50ohm value)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,971 Views)