Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim Only; Windows Services

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the Student Edition of Multisim and so, to my knowledge, do not use LabVIEW or other components of National Instruments' software.  However, I have 10 Windows Services (in services.msc, see below for service names) running at all times and automatically starting up.  There is 1 service set to manual and 1 set to disabled which I am unconcerned with.  I have also unchecked the Update Service option to automatically check for updates, yet the Update program still resides in my Startup folder.

My 2 Questions:

• What services are necessary for Multisim use only? Do I really need all of these running at all times?
  • Can I set the services to "Manual" startup so that they don't consume system resources while I'm not using Multsim? (I've come to use it a bit less however would still like it present on my system.)

The only information I can find seems to have to do with LabVIEW use or various other situations - nothing concerning Multsim-only use.  And everything warns me that disabling any of these services will negatively impact other services - services which, to my knowledge, I do not make use of.  However, nothing stating whether a switch to "Manual" startup will negatively impact anything.  (I don't necessarily need to disable them.)

[Services set to Automatic startup: (all are preceded by "NI") Application Web Server, Authentication Service, Citadel 4 Service, Domain Service, mDNS Responder Service, Network Discovery, PSP Service Locator, Service Locator, System Web Server, Time Synchronization.]

Also, for what it's worth, I am on Windows 8.1 Pro using Multisim 14.0 and I keep my system up to date as far as Windows updates and drivers are concerned.

Thanks for any and all help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,763 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author whskytngofox

Hi,

Feel free to configure all those to "Manual". None of them affect the proper operation of NI Multisim.

Regards!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,665 Views)

Thank you for the reply and help. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,663 Views)