cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim Educational 14.1 takes too long to start the simulation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

My Multisim 14.1 is taking too long to start the simulation of a circuit, even for a simple circuit (sometimes more than 30 seconds).

Version 12 starts almost immediately.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,887 Views)

Hello,

Which Operating System are you using? Is it 32 bits or 64 bits? Are you running the OS in 'Safe mode'?

One option to increase the simulation speed  is to adjust TMAX parameter. As TMAX is the maximum timestep parameter for the simulation, it must be related to the highest circuit frequency. It is recommended that TMAX not exceed one tenth the period of the highest frequency.  Small values for TMAX results in more accurate simulations. However, the simulation will take longer to finish.

If this dosn't work, let me know and we can search for another solution.

Isabelle Orlandi
Engenharia de Aplicações
National Instruments Brasil
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,821 Views)

Hello,

The problem was solved. Reading your answer I check if Multisim was in compatibility mode, and it really was. Probably I was with some problem and tried this mode. Now running normally.

More one question, where I can change simularion parameters as RELTOL, METHOD, and others? I searched but not found.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,812 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author agaelema

Hi!

I glad the problem was solved!

This parameters can be set in the main menu: Simulate > Analyses and simulation > Interactive Simulation .

In the window Interactive Simulation, there's a tab 'Analysis option' and a option 'SPICE options'. If you check the 'Use custom settings' and click on 'Customize' you will be able to change the parameters you cited in the tabs available.

simulate.PNG

method.PNG

For more information, check this link:

SPICE Simulation Options

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5418/en/

In case of any doubt, feel free to share with us. 

And, please, don't forget to marked this post as solved 🙂 

Isabelle Orlandi
Engenharia de Aplicações
National Instruments Brasil
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,805 Views)