From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim Database Error

Solved!
Go to solution

I have myproblems solved by the following reg files:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\ISAM Formats

with attachments in case anyone need them.Robot tongue

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(4,428 Views)

I'm having the same problem, and have read all the posts in this thread, but still I couldn't solve the problem. Would someone please, describe in details in a step by step how to modify, import, or change those registries in windows 7, please??

I'm abit afraid if I do something wrong to those registries, I don't damage my whole operating system.

Felixsense, have added the reg files in the attachement, but I don't know how to use it???

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(3,948 Views)

Hello,

If it's a reg file it's as simple as unzipping the file and double clicking on each reg file. Windows will then prompt you for installation.

Regards,

Miguel V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,927 Views)

Thanks Miguel for your post, yes I have already tried what you just have said. I downloaded the .reg files Felixense and 12341234123414 provided. I "merged" all of those files by double clicking on each .reg file. But still with no progress.

I get the following message each time I open the Multisim:

Problem: Failed to open the database. The file format/version is incorrect and may be from an earlier version.[Master Database]

The Master Database cannot be accessed. Features using the Master Database will not be available.

Multisim has detected that the Master database is not registered to the current user. Reinstall the program from the original media.

Regards, IceCube88

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(3,920 Views)

Based on the number of reports received, we have created a Knowledge Base article with clean registry files from our test machines, and instructions to fix this issue.

Please review: AE KB 6D97QHXL: 'Problem: Accessing the database' Message When Launching Multisim

We have found that is more than one 3rd party software that modifies these registry keys and fails to return them to the original state when uninstalling. If you know of any other applications that do so, please let us know so that we can contact them directly to report this issue.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(3,776 Views)

@IceCube88 wrote:

[...]

I get the following message each time I open the Multisim:

Problem: Failed to open the database. The file format/version is incorrect and may be from an earlier version.[Master Database]

The Master Database cannot be accessed. Features using the Master Database will not be available.

Multisim has detected that the Master database is not registered to the current user. Reinstall the program from the original media.

Regards, IceCube88

IceCube88:

The message you are getting is more common on cases when you have manually copied the Master, Corporate or User database from another installation to yours.

• The Master DB cannot be copied from any other installation or from any other version.
    • The Corporate and User databases can be "merged" when they are from the same version (e.g. from 12.0 to 12.0) of Multisim. In Multisim go to Tools » Database » Merge database and follow the prompts.
    • The Corporate and User databases can be "converted" when they are from a previous version of Multisim (e.g. from 11.0 to 13.0). In Multisim go to Tools » Database » Convert database and follow the prompts. The convert operation will first convert from previous version and then merge the databases into your default databases.

You may try the KB link I added in my previous post, but it seems that in your case is a different issue. If you can't get Multisim to work contact the Application Engineers via ni.com/ask or create a new post message.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(3,774 Views)