From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim : Crete custom component

Hi all,

I am trying to create a new component, AD8302, in NI Multisim. The SPICE model I already got from Analog Devices website.

Now I am following this instruction :http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3173 

However, in Step 4: set pin parameters, I have a problem setting Type of the PIN: having read the datasheet, I am still confused don't know which [area

parameter I should use for each pin.

In other word, could anyone help me to explain what are the differences between: passive, ground, bidirectional, input, no connection, output and power

Thanks in advance !

Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,260 Views)

Hi Dennis,

The meaning of these pins is summarized in the Multisim help file. Click Help>>Multisim Help. Click on the contents tab of the Help browser and nagivate to Schematic Capture - Advanced Functions>>Electrical Rules Checking>> ERC Rules Tab. There is a table on this page which summarizes the function of each pin type.

Note that these parameters are only used for ERC. They will not change how the component behaves in schematic capture, simulation or layout.

Hope that helps.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,242 Views)
Thanks! I will look into it
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,239 Views)

Hi Dennis. Do you still have the model of this device? I can't find it.

THank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,047 Views)

Man, how did you find the model for the AD8302?

Thank yoU!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,897 Views)

I'm working on a project that also uses the AD8302 and I'm having the same problem. Were you able to create the integrated circuit to run in MultiSim? Could you help, sending me the template available?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,120 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I'm interested to do simulations at multisim with AD8302, you were be able to make up the model? Can you send me? Thank's for tour attention!

Best regards

Allan Nascimento

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,801 Views)