Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim - AC Magnitude analysis

Hello all,

I have designed a voltage regulator on Multisim with an AC voltage input, transformer, bridge rectifier and zener diode. I would like to simulate and analyse the line regulation of the regulator. This requires varying the AC voltage magnitude and see if there are any changes to the output voltage.

I was considering using the Parameter sweep to change the magnitude of the AC input however this does not seem to be working - please see screenshots of analysis setup and resulting waveform of the AC input:

BHurrion_0-1574336645977.png

BHurrion_1-1574336749828.png

As can be seen, even though I have set the settings so that the AC magnitude changes from 200 to 300V RMS in 10V steps with each iteration, the graph shown shows that the voltage does not change between each iteration.

Can someone advise on how to set the settings so that I can vary the AC input voltage?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,755 Views)

Hello BHurrion,

It was expected. In the documentations of Multisim it says that you can't sweep the peak voltage of an AC source using device/model parameters.

To do so you need to select "Circuit Parameters" option and define them for your project.

Below you can find links to those parts of documentation.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375482B-01/multisim/parametersweepanalysis/#wp1143602

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375482B-01/multisim/cctparameters/#wp829102

So you need define parameters, like when programming.

When you define a parameter, for example if you want to sweep amplitude of the AC source you create parameter "Amplitude" and you put (you literally write the world Amplitude) that parameter in the "Voltage(PK)" instead of voltage value, after it will appear in the settings of analysis.

Here you can find how to create "Circuit Parameters".

Here how it should look like:

2020-05-22_023505.png

2020-05-22_023555.png

Additionally I attached my experimental "Test" project you saw in the screenshots.

(2,499 Views)