Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim 13 to Ultiboard: missing parts and spreadsheet

I have created my first circuit in Multisim 13. I wanted to transfer it to Ultiboard to see how that would work. I get a message saying that some parts would not be transferred because they don't have a footprint. That makes sense to me, because some of the items are text. The message also says to see the Results tab in the spreadsheet, but I see no spreadsheet.

When I open the ewnet file, most of the components are missing... resistors, caps... it seems that my 2 chips are there, as are 2 transistors and 3 diodes.

Even if I get it to work, where can I get the boards made? Will ExpressPCB accept them?

~R~

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,116 Views)

Hi there,

You have to make sure that the parts in Multisim contain the footprint information. Double-click a part to open its Properties. Go to the Value tab, if the Layout settings field is empty that means the part is missing the footprint information and therefore it will not be transferred to Ultiboard. To make the Spreadsheet visible go to View>>Spreadsheet View.

Here is link to the Ultiboard Best Practices Guides. They are a good learning resource. The Basics on Designing a Printed Circuit Board, Final guide will show you how to add the footprint information.

NI Ultiboard Best Practices Guides

With regard to board fabrication, once your design in Ultiboard is ready, you can expor Gerber files, etc., this is the typical format board manufacturers use.

Best,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,087 Views)